Wednesday, August 18, 2010

AIM Chatroom Security?

I was recently in an AIM chatroom just for the heck of it, figured I'd see what was up. Well, there was a guy in the chatroom whom apparently had some program downloaded to his computer and was able to control who was kicked out of the room and banned and who was immune to the codes.



So the first few letters of your sn would be involved to ban you. and it'd look like, ''SH ban/'' and you'd get kicked out of the room for a few seconds and would have to wait to go back in.



Well, I have a short temper and IMed the guy who was doing it and kicking me, and I said something a tad bit mean and blocked him. I'm worried though, that maybe he had access to my IP, with programs like that because it was through AOL instant messenger?



Can someone help, please?



AIM Chatroom Security?nortan antivirus



Yeah I remember back in the day me and a friend would kick and flood everyone out of the MSN Gaming Zone. I believe it's shut down now. Yes, Age Of Empires 2 the best game ever....



Anyways, this dude who is doing it probably isn't skilled enough to do any real attacks if he got your IP address.



Matter of fact I doubt he did since most of those chating programs are server side in the first place. There would need to be some kind of connection straight from his computer to yours and not through like a proxy(server).



I bet he is just using some other dudes program and doing it taking the credit for it. I doubt he was able to reverse engineer or find the exploit himself.



I don't really do this junk anymore but these programs are actually called hacks, cracks, flooders, booters, etc... A quick google search with using the ''hack'' ''program'' ''.zip'' ''msn'' would probably find you some. Be careful though, these things are usually loaded with trojans(even if you have anti-virus it may not have that trojan in it's database).

No comments:

Post a Comment