Friday, August 20, 2010

Security help?

i was chatting with a friend of myne on msn messenger. all of a sudden he sent me a file wich said ''check my photos, my friend took them for me'' i eccepted it and it wouldnt let me c the photos because it was zipped.so i unzipped it using winRAR and there was nothing on it. i person i was chatting with, i told him that there was nothing on this file, he said to me that he never sent me anything. so i think he had this sort of virus himself and his computer passed it on to me. now wen i chat with other people on msn they tel me that i send them a folder called ''079..mp'' something like when i never do and sometimes my msn window convos dissappear i have to log out n in again for it to work again. QUESTION: does any body know what this is called because i want to search for it in google and find ways to delete. isit a virus, worm etc????



Security help?symantic



It sounds like one of many different viruses written for MSN/Windows Messenger over the years. Your best bet would be run a capable anti-virus program (there are a few available for free, e.g. AVG Free edition) which should remove the virus for you in a fairly straight-forward fashion. These days manual removal of viruses (especially something as integrated as with MSN/Windows Messenger) is usually a fairly risky business. I've been ''fixing'' Windows computers for years, but I still leave virus removal up to software that really knows what it's doing.



  • annulment in marriage
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment