Friday, August 20, 2010

I have Norton Internet Security 2007--is it possible for a virus to get around this?

I just recently purchased a desktop in January. Since I bought it and got the internet hooked up, it seems as though I have had nothing but problems. I've had to reformat the damn thing TWICE, and now I'm unable to install anything onto the computer.I called tech support for like the fifth time, and they're telling me that my p.c. more then likely picked up a virus that made it's way around my antivrus software. I know that nothing's 100 percent effective, butNorton's supposed to be pretty good. It SHOULD BE, anyways, for as much as I paid for it. What should I do? The rep from tech support told me to format my p.c. again, but at this point I'm not sure what to believe. It is possible that the software did fail, but I also can't understand why a virus would destroy a couple of my files(that's the problem I'm having right now) and not give out any kind of warning. Help, please! I know a little about computers, but have no idea what to do if something goes wrong.



I have Norton Internet Security 2007--is it possible for a virus to get around this?husqvarna



Every computer I have worked on that had Norton on it had viruses. I even had a friend install a brand new version of Norton(before he talked to me) which told him that his computer was free of viruse and trojans, but I showed him, ( I proved ) that he had over 50 viruses and trojans using 3 different virus programs. make up your own mind, I never tell anyone to use Norton. use a freeware program for viruses, there are many to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment