Wednesday, August 18, 2010

NETWORK WIRELESS security?

Want to make the router secure, but when i chose 1 of the 3 options (WEP / 802.1x / WPA) and set the passwords the other computer wont connect to the network even with the password. (error message saying: The network password needs to be 40bits or 104bits depending on your network configuration. This can be entered as 5 or 13 ascii charecters or as 10 or 26 hexadecimal charecters.) Thanks for any answers.



NETWORK WIRELESS security?moto guzzi



OK, first, every item you attach to your wireless network has to be compatible wiith the wireless encryption method you use. In addition to the hardware compatibility, you software firewall also must be compatible.



Now, I have used Panda Internet Security Suite since early '05, after Norton crashed my system with a disaterous virual infection. It was such a bad infection, it wiped out my Dell Recovery Partition.



When I first attached a router to build my first network, I too had a horrific deal getting my wireless to actually connect to the Internet. While the wireless connection reported the Status as Connnected, along with the signal strength, and the fact it was secured, everytime I attempted to open my browser, I received an error message. My connection also would not be able to receive an IP address, it kept stating, ''Aquiring IP address''.



Now, the first error, with a valid connection, encryption all configured, turned out to be due to a corrupted winsocket. I ended up running a diagnostics, via my browser, and it then reported the winsocket was corrupt and did I wish to reinstall it, Yes, No? I did so, and then while that corrected that issue, I still was unable to reach the Internet, with the second error, ''Attemptimg to aquire IP address''.

No comments:

Post a Comment