Sunday, August 15, 2010

Windows XP security key / new installation?

My laptop came with XP pro SP1, supplied on ''restore disks''. I've replaced the HDD in the computer so restore disks are now useless as they don't like the bigger drive! I have acess to a new copy of XP Pro SP2. Will the new copy install ok with my ''cheap %26 nasty'' code off the bottom of my laptop? I can't try it for now as I need to buy a new CD drive. Ebay here I come.....



Windows XP security key / new installation?nortin



Changing a hard drive has no effect on the ''restore disk'' operation.



Windows XP security key / new installation?pc security



its not that it doesn't 'like' the drive, it doesn't have a 'tattoo' from the manufacturer on it, so the cd's won't work !. You cannot use the code as it refers to the windows originally had, so your kinda stuck, buy a legit version though !!!!
The security code should be on the XP pro SP1



above the bar code~
so what is the questions again MR

No comments:

Post a Comment