Wednesday, August 18, 2010

WEP Security Settings?

Okay, I have a router but I don't know how to get through to get to the WEP password. Can someone please help me? I need to know step-by-step where I need to go and what I need to do to find my WEP password, and I don't know much computer lingo, so please take it easy on me.



WEP Security Settings?anti virus protection



1. Open Internet Explorer



2. In the address bar you have to type the corresponding IP address for your router and hit enter. Default is 192.168.1.1



a. If this does not work, you can find out what the IP is by clicking Start %26gt; Control Panel %26gt; Network Connections %26gt; Local Area Network. This will bring up a box showing your connection status. Click the 2nd tab at the top of the box. It will give you a Default Gateway address. Type this address into Internet Explorers address bar and hit enter.



3. Once you have typed in the correct IP address another box will show up asking for User and Password. By default the user name is blank (as in nothing) and the password is ''admin'' without the '' symbols.



4. Once is loads the page you should have a wireless tab at the left or top depending on the router. Click the Wireless tab.



5. Click the Wireless Security tab or Security tab next to display the WEP settings and key.



If by chance you can't get in using the admin password or you have forgotten the password all together you have to reset the router.

No comments:

Post a Comment