Friday, August 20, 2010

Can Norton Internet Security cause blue error screens?

During the summer, I started getting ''Blue Screen of Death'' error messges on windows XP. There seemed no reason for this. We have Norton 2006 on the system, and there were no viruses. Eventually, in desparation, the operating system was reinstalled at a local computer shop.



I have very little software installed now, in comparison to what I had before, but I've had three blue screens again in two weeks - supposedly caused by Device Driver problems. I haven't installed any new hardware or software. The only problem early last month was with Norton. I had an error message LU1812 - an update failed to install. I kept running live update, but nothing happened, and The message came up that my computer was ''at risk''.



I then installed the latest version of Liveupdate for Norton 2006 after removing then reinstalling the product. Norton now shows a message that's it's working correctly.



Since, then, I've had these wretched blue screens! Has anyone else had this problem?



Can Norton Internet Security cause blue error screens?cafe racer



when you get a blue screen it can be a number of things, if you read what it says on the screen it will give you an idea what is wrong.



i was getting it quiet a lot recently and the problem was with the ventilation , it was getting to hot and would shut down with the blue screen, this was my problem which was easy to sort out,

No comments:

Post a Comment