Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Website security question?

I was wondering how to safely update my website. I update the site just by using ftp followed by the site's name. On my old computer it told me that this method isn't secure because someone with the right software could read what I typed. How can I securely update my website without risking someone stealing my password?



Website security question?vincent



Not true. I've been using SmartFTP for years and have never worried about someone monitoring the connection to a secure server. Your email is more likely to be read then your FTP connection. After all email is only private for 180 days on a server then its public.



Ron



Website security question?adware remover



see if your provider offers secure ftp.

No comments:

Post a Comment