Friday, August 20, 2010

Security problem?? Help please!?

I got a new computer Windows XP but I cant make my account private. I mean I can't check my folder to make it private (its like frozen) , u know what I mean... I could do that on my old laptop (same WindowsXP) I dunno whats wrong, I really want to protect my documents, alltough we have 3 accounts, but we can all see each other private things! Pleaseee help me! What to do, I know I made that on my old XP... :(



Security problem?? Help please!?product key



Ok, you have to do like this.



First right click the file that you want to hide, then go to properties, and select hidden and press apply.



Then, in that folder itself, on the top menu bar, go to Tools-%26gt;Folder Options-%26gt; Here choose the View tab.



Inside this, there is an item named 'Hidden files and folders'. Check the 'Do not show hidden files and folders' radio button, then click apply, ok and then go back. Your file should not be visible now.



Security problem?? Help please!?triumph



It is either frozen or it is not frozen but it is not ''LIKE'' frozen
You need to be Administrator.



Restart Windows XP and press F8 at the start, keep pressing it until a DOS type menu pops up.



It will ask to start XP in Safe Mode or Normal, etc.



Choose ''Safe''.



When the GUI bit boots up you should see Administrator plus all your other Users.



Choose Administrator - if you're lucky it will boot straight in. If it asks for a password try hitting ENTER and if that doesn't work... you better know what the PW is.



Once in XP as Administrator go to Control Panel %26gt; User Accounts.



Manage the User Accounts like you normally do, choose the account you want and make it private.



It's pretty straight forward.



Wait for the process to finish and reboot the machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment